Sourced from Kenya and sold per gram
It contains soluble fibre that helps to reduce cholesterol levels
It contains isoflavones that reduce the risk of cancer
It has a low glycemic index that helps to regulate blood sugar levels
It improves heart health and reduces the risk of cardiovascular diseases
It keeps the stomach fuller for a long and helps in weight loss
It helps to heal digestive disorders
How to cook:
– Wash lentils and soak them in hot water for 45 minutes.
– To a pan, add water, lentils, garlic, and ginger. Let it boil until the lentils are tender, this may take 30 to 40 minutes.
– When the lentils are cooked, discard the ginger.
– In another pan, fry onion in oil and 1 Tablespoon butter until translucent.
– Add tomatoes to the onion. Stir for 3 minutes on medium-high heat.
– Add garam masala, coriander, curry powder, cumin, and turmeric. Continue stirring.
– Add green chilli. Stir for another 2 minutes.
– Pour lentils on top of the onion and tomato mixture. Stir and mash the lentils with the back of the spoon. Add one cup of hot water.
– Let simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally. The longer it simmers, the more flavour it develops.. will take 3 minutes.
– Add 1 tablespoon of butter just before serving. Serve hot with plain rice or bread.